Friday, September 11, 2020

Undertaker's Hut

Working on this little corner of Tabletop World's upcoming Graveyard was especially joyful for me. I had a certain atmosphere I wanted to achieve and I think I succeeded. In my mind the undertaker of this Graveyard is a scruffy man, a misanthropic figure who likes to be left alone and avoids contact with other people. The crows are his only friends. He rarely leaves the Graveyard and most of his days he spends making coffins and headstones if not digging the graves. You could say he is a jack of all trades when it comes to anything corpse related. At night he guards the Graveyard, sleeping really little and always with one eye open. I wanted his hut to reflect his personality so I made it look really weathered and dark, almost abandoned looking.
tabletop world
There are lots of details that come with the hut: casket, shovel, saw, pick-axe, workbench,... all these accessories help bring the scene to life. The only thing that is missing is the undertaker himself. Thinking about it, one of the Dregs which I converted some time ago for my Undead Mordheim warband fits the undertaker role perfectly. :) I made him holding a shovel while guarding the coffins of his Vampire masters. warhammer mordheim Talking about my Undead army...my Necromancer will defenitelly pay him a visit. 🧟
tabletop world

6 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Am I right it is:
    - old mordheim torso / legs
    - frostgrave cultists head
    - fireforge living dead peasants hands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man!
      Spot on! :) Legs and torso are from Warhammer Empire - Free Company Militia. However this box was heavily used for Mordheim as well back in the days.

      Delete
    2. Still it's excellent conversion. I bow to you sir :)

      Delete
  2. wonderful scenery you really captured a piece of the olde world here.

    ReplyDelete