Sunday, April 11, 2021

Franz the Mutant

mordheim
Recently I have painted this awesome character from Dunkeldorf Miniatures. I really enjoyed painting this guy. The mini has that Lovecraftian feel to it, at least in my opinion. From the moment I saw him, it reminded me of characters in one of my favorite Lovecraft novels - The Shadow Over Innsmouth and the movie Dagon which is based on this story. I wanted to paint the mini and set it in the scene which has that certain cold and damp atmosphere. I envisioned a "fishman", a man who started to mutate into a sea creature and is constantly trying to find places to hide from the eyes of the common people. I enjoyed the process and I am happy with the result. This is the third mini I have painted from Dunkeldorf Miniatures and I can highly recommend them. Especially if you are looking for characters that are not so common - anything from the rat catcher to the hat maker. The terrain pieces in the scene are Tabletop World Stable and Outhouse models.
scene from movie "DAGON"

7 comments:

  1. The striped pants look really great! And I love the red and green contrast between jacket and the other clothing. Very characterful mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting highlights on green cloth. The tentacle looks great as well. Love the story the picture tells :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mate! I tried to give the cloth some texture and make it more interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete