Sunday, September 19, 2021

Project Log: Altburg - Townhouse I, Part 8

More work has been done on the house! First I finished the stone work on the other side of the house, apart from the section bellow the stairs which needed to be completely remodeled.

Next I made some new elements for the house (doors and a niche with a bench), as well as the supporting beams which will hold the balcony on the upper floor.
Then I incorporated the new doors and did the stone work under the stairs. Some cutting on the doors was required.
Finally, by adding the two niches with benches and doing the stonework around them, I have finished the ground floor. I will be, however, adding some final details in the later stages of the build.
Now the passing townsfolk can take a rest by the statue of their patron saint, which will be placed in the narrow niche between the benches. :)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Michal! I appreciate your feedback. Cheers man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sterling work. You just know its going to paint up a treat and be very enjoyable to paint, at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maurice! Yes I think it will be. Honestly, I can't wait to start painting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's getting better and better! I'm impressed by the amounts of work you put into it. Can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete