Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Black Coach WIP pt.2 + New Necromancer

A little update on my Vampire Counts. I continued to work on my Black Coach. I have painted the Wraith, two torches and the coffin. The flames on the torches I painted in vibrant green color. I use the same green color on the eyes of the skeletons and everything magic related. This way I get a nice contrast with the red/black color scheme of my army. Next I need to paint two Nightmares and make a base for the model.

black coach
black coach

I also painted another Necro for my Undead force. This time it's a Heresy Lab miniature. Usually I am not a big fan of those crazy, over the top flaming crowns, which you can also find on some of the Age Of Sigmar miniatures, like Flagellants or Hexwraiths, but it kind of fits this mini. I wanted to make a blood dripping effect from the skull so I experimented with a small piece of plastic nylon which I glued to the necro's hand and reinforced with super attack so that it doesn't bend. Then I painted it with Blood For The Blood God color. I think that the effect turned out ok. Now he needs a name and a background story. :)

necromancer

7 comments:

  1. That Black Coach is such an iconic model! Love what you did with it!
    But now that I think about it, I might even want to convert myself one to look like the coach from Nosferatu for my C18 Attacking Vampire...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Would love to see that! I'm a big fan of Nosferatu movies. :)

      Delete
  2. Un trabajo de pintura magnífico, para una miniatura increíble. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green fire looks very good both on the coach and the necromancer! Cool OSL on both models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a bit time consuming to paint OSL effect but worth the effort I think. :)

      Delete