Saturday, January 7, 2023

Vampire Counts Banshee

Finished the first Banshee for my Vampire Counts army. At first I wanted to paint it in dead/pale skin colors but since Banshees are ghastly spirits of evil women (according to the Vampire Counts army book) I decided to try to depict that with bright green colors. I imagined the core of the creature full of energy that bursts out accompanied by the terrible shriek.  Not sure if it makes sense to have material clothes and jewelry on such a creature but I didn't want to paint the whole figure in green tones. I think it looks way more interesting with contrasting colors.
warhammer banshee
warhammer banshee
warhammer banshee
warhammer banshee

10 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love the intense brightness on the eyes / mouth / hairline. And of course the red is the perfect contrast while the black cloth gives the eye some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The glow is beautifully executed. Would be terrifying to see that face come screaming out of the darkness! The clothing is fine– The touch of color ties it into the rest of the army palette, and the green glow matches the skeletons' glowing eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob! :) Indeed, I try to add some of that bright green to all of my units.

      Delete
  3. Wicked cool! That green looks like the old school Citadel orc colors. What did you use? Also I'd love to see what you would do with my Triumph of Death minis.
    Cheers and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I use Vallejo Livery Green. I just checked out your website. Nice looking minis! Love the oldhammer vibes. The command groups, skeleton with a lantern and cannon with crew are my favorites. If you want, send them to me and I'll do my best to do them justice. :) I would share the photos here and on instagram: @paintsquig1980

      Delete
  4. Super świeci ;)
    I wish I had a night lamp like that :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bold and interesting color choices. Would love to see it in dead/pale skin version as well though. Maybe next time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, me too! I'm still not sure if I made the right choice because I think that the flesh version would look sick! :D Then again, it would look more like a regular zombie and not a spirit creature. :)

      Delete