Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Another Vampire Lord joins the Legion!

I love painting Vampires and can't seem to have enough of them! :D This time I've painted Konrad Von Carstein mini which I always liked and had him stashed in a drawer for a long time. Traditionally his armor is always painted in red but I decided to go for a darker look. I think he looks more sinister in dark armor and the blood dripping from the blades pops out more. Talking about blood, I decided to remove the modeled blood from the mini because I wanted it to look more realistic and did the UHU glue blood effect instead. First I put a small dab of the UHU Adhesive on the plastic and mixed a few drops of Blood For The Blood Good into it. Then I used a toothpick to stir the mixture together and applied it to the mini. It does have a pretty quick curing time so I had to move fast.

Konrad Von Carstein
Konrad Von Carstein
Konrad Von Carstein
Konrad Von Carstein

And here are the three legendary Von Carsteins in one picture:

Konrad Von Carstein

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful rendition of a classic sculpt! I do like that you replaced the sculpted blood with some more sensible gore. Looks so much better and really gets Konrad's madness across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Yes, the sculpted blood was kind of silly. :)

      Delete