Sunday, January 24, 2021

Mournful Knight and Armored Skeletons Command Group

Recently I have finished my second Mournful Knight from Gamezone Miniatures. I'm happy how it turned out. However, I realized I can not fit the bases of the two models together, which is quite frustrating because I want to be able to put all the models in one unit. I guess if you are playing Age Of Sigmar this wouldn't present an issue, but for Warhammer Fantasy Battles it is crucial that you are able to do so. I will try to reposition the models so that the bases can be placed side by side, but I'm not sure if that would be even possible since the models are pretty wide.

blood knight
blood knight
blood knight
blood knight
blood knight

Also, I have painted the command group for my Armored Skeletons. I'm not completely sold on the (Bretonnian) banner though. I might replace it with one from the Grave Guard box and make more traditional design to fit better with these classic models.

armored skeletons

8 comments:

  1. Xeah, ranking up miniatures can be a real hassle! But you pretty much have to be able to do so, because why put them on square bases anyways?
    The skeletons are great as well! The banner might work better, if was was more distressed or frayed? It seems very intact in conparison to other details on the models?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the one from the Grave Guard box is torn and distressed. I think it will fit the unit better. I appreciate your feedback. Cheers! :)

      Delete
  2. These look fantastic, what models have been used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cavalry model is Mournful Knight from Gamezone Miniatures. Skeletons are Games Workshop models, but they are out of production.

      Delete
  3. Very nice, classic vampire color scheme on the knight (love the paleness and dots on the horse) and beatiful, saturated reds, greens and all the oxidation colors on skeletons :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete