Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Project Log: Altburg - Townhouse I, Part 3

Moving on with the house...I have finished the flooring (although I will do some finishing touches later on). The platform looked a bit dull to me so I decided to make the intersecting vaults in the corner where the walls are highest. I think this way it will look much more pleasing to the eye and also give valuable hiding space for miniatures.

First I made two arches with appropriate measures:

Then I made the outlines on the walls and used a Dremel drill to cut out the openings for the arches:

Finally I inserted the arches into the walls and sealed them in place with liquid resin:

This was the easy part. Now I will have to build a cross-vault inside. This will be a bit tricky.

8 comments:

  1. A great addition to the building! I have no clue as to how I would build a cross-vault. Nothing to it, but to do it, I guess! Seeing how you will do this makes this already interesting project even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I will have to study some real-life examples first. I think it will turn out pretty cool.

      Delete
  2. That's great progress. Waiting for the next steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arches are the coolest places to hide and brawl! Great job on these. If I can ask, what did you make them of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! I agree! Those are real stones cast in resin and then assembled into arches.

      Delete
  4. Looking very tidy. The arches will come alive when on the table with some suitable dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, once I redo the stonework, the model will pop, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete