Monday, December 13, 2021

Project Log: Altburg - Townhouse I, Part 15

So this is where I'm at with the house at the moment. I have finished the lower part of the balcony as well as the cargo room and protruding window. Interiors are also finished.
Currently I am working on the roof and must say that this is the first time I am 100% satisfied with the way it is turning out. I always struggled to achieve that weathered look on the shingles and was never totally satisfied with the result. Now I finally have the formula! :) I have used nine different colors to get the desired look, ranging from grey and purple to brown and green.
I will be adding a bit of moss at the end. Here is a real life example of the look I am going for:
After the roof there are only some details for me to paint and this project will be finished! :)

5 comments: